Bring your coding and design skills to THack @ Seattle and disrupt the way travelers dream about, search, shop, experience and share travel.
THack @ Seattle is open to developers and web designers who dream about building digital things to help travelers on their journeys.
We have co-working space for up to 100 developers who will compete for more than $3,000 in cash and other prizes.
Developers will pick one (or more) of these four challenges and build a working product over the weekend of April 18-19:
- Inspiration, discovery and memories – Create an application that helps travelers decide where to go and how to share their journey and experiences.
- Local concierge – Make a product that explores options for tours, activities and services in-destination.
- Accommodation finder – Hotel? Hostel? Home-share? Build a recommendation engine for personalized accommodations.
- Route planner – Create and application for transportation choices that are time-efficient, cost-effective or creatively scenic ... or all three.
Participants must submit a working prototype created for THack @ Seattle, such as mobile apps, web-based applications or other software-based products or services.
$4,000 in prizes
THack @ Seattle individual or small team (2 members)
THack @ Seattle large team (3 to 5 members)
THack @ Seattle people's choice
THack @ Seattle Sabre API
Awarded by Sabre judges to individual or team project with best use of Sabre API.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participation is open to those 18 years and older.
- Participants must present their Eventbrite ticket and photo ID for entry.
- Individuals and teams of hackers must work on-site during the competition and be present to demo their project to the judges.
- Before presenting to the judges, a participant or participating team MUST upload a description and visuals (e.g., slides, video, etc.) to the THack @ Seattle site on ChallengePost.
How to enter
- All participants must register at https://thackseattle2015.eventbrite.com
- You may work as an individual or as a team of up to 5 members maximum.
Senior Technology & Engineering Leader, Groupon, Expedia
Originality and innovation
Addresses at least one THack challenge
Presentation skill and clarity of idea